MONITOR MARITIME AREAS, ANALYZE PATTERNS, AND MAKE SMARTER DECISIONS
Planet’s solution for maritime monitoring and port vessel detection offer unmatched coverage of the Earth’s open water areas. Detect vessels, monitor patterns of life, and uncover activity in uncharted areas.
Detect maritime vessels
Planet’s Vessel Detection Feed automatically monitors ports and coastlines around the world at 3.7 meter resolution to detect ships.
- Establish a baseline of port activity and monitor for anomalies in ship count patterns or vessel behavior
- Monitor ship traffic around areas of strategic interest
- Observe transshipments, follow suspicious activity, and monitor vessels at near-daily frequency
Pair with AIS and other maritime datasets
Integrate open water imagery with your AIS feed, very high resolution imagery, and other maritime datasets to better understand movement and vessel activity at sea.
- Monitor for activity where AIS signaling has been turned off or lost
- Observe dark activity, validate AIS data, and protect against spoofing
Monitor open water areas
Planet allows you to easily integrate open water imagery into your existing applications and workflows.
With Planet imagery you can identify vessels and objects such as:
- Fishing boats
- Cargo ships
- Oil tankers
- Naval vessels
- Offshore oil rigs
- Spillage and pollutants